2015 is drawing to a close and 2016 is lurking at the door waiting to burst on the scene. As I sit in my office, I am taking the time to review the past 12 months. The year 2015 has been an eventful year for me personally as well as professionally. There have been high and low points throughout the year. Quite honestly, I did not reach a single goal that I set at the beginning of the year. I’ve accomplished several things that I find very encouraging that will help me in my determination to make 2016 even better.
- I’ve lost approximately 40 pounds. I did not reach my goal of 75 pounds, but I am very encouraged by the amount of weight that I have lost. I believe that I am on my way to losing the total amount of weight that I believe I need to lose.
- I’ve read 15 books. I know that I set the goal of reading 2 books per month, but 15 is more than I have ever read in a single year. I actually believe that I am becoming a reader.
- I had the privilege of participating in a conference as one of the leaders. That weekend was a great highlight of 2015 professionally.
- I was called as the interim pastor of a local church in October. I have always believed that pastoring was something that God had in store for me and this is a confirmation of that belief.
- I also had the opportunity to preach 19 other times in 2015, including once at my home church which was a major highlight of the year.
- I completed training as a Christian Life Coach. This area of ministry enhances Directed Path Ministries as I continue to minister to individuals and couples as they strive to improve their lives through Christ.
2015 has been a great year. I might not have accomplished my goals but many great things have been accomplished. I truly look forward to what 2016 is going to bring.
What are some things that you have accomplished in 2015?